Food helps you not only stay active for the day but also one of the popular conversation starters. People are seen to have had made their closest friends at the workplace during their lunch hours. But a regular office job will have unending work, which hardly seems to be managed with those 9 to 5 working hours, thus adding up stress levels, unhealthy lifestyle and irregular eating habits. The office can become more hectic each day without any signs of slowing down but what is ignored in these 40 hour work week is how we have increased our dependency on those unhealthy snacking options including chips, soft drinks, aerated drinks, and sugary biscuits.
Therefore, it becomes necessary to maintain a nutritious diet so that you maintain the right balance between your health and work.
Have a nutritious and filling breakfast so as to stay energized for the entire day at the office. A healthy and fulfilling breakfast will help your brain function well, avoiding the hunger pangs. Studies prove that having breakfast will not only improve memory and concentration levels but also lower stress levels.
Also, it is important to control your food cravings at the office space. These cravings are a major deterrent to your healthy snacking intentions. You finally end up relying on sugary foods which are high on carbohydrates and fats. But it is better to have snacks to satisfy your hunger rather than depriving yourself of food. But be it be any healthy snack options, it is necessary to control portions. The excess will be difficult for the body to handle and over snacking will make you lose appetite for proper meals of the day and gain unnecessary calories.
One of the usually ignored ways is to get home cook meals. These home cooked meals are not only nutritious and fresh but will also help you avoid junk. The home cooked food will always satisfy your taste buds. Additionally, it can be customized as per your taste and preferences. The home cooked meal is something which you can always eat without feeling conscious of overeating.
It is vital to stock your desk with plenty of snacks apart from regular chips and biscuits. Having only healthy options on the desk will be an incentive to drive you towards these choices available and prohibit you from reaching the vending machine or pantry time and again. Here are some of the healthy snack option which you could keep always on your desk.
- Yogurt: It is a great snacking option and will offer you a wide range of flavors. It is high in calcium and magnesium and also filling.
- Roasted chickpeas: These low on calories and high on taste snacks are one of the most preferred snacking options available.
- Sprouts: Fresh sprouts are rich in protein and fiber.
- Fresh coconut chunks: Conveniently available as the bite-size packaged product at local supermarkets are rich in fiber and good fats.
- Protein Bars: These layered bars, available in a variety of flavors will help you stay energized throughout the day.
- Mixed nuts: Include almond which is high in magnesium, flax seeds to reduce drowsiness, walnuts, etc which are high in Omega 3 fatty acids can go on for days ones the jar is full.
- Fruits & Vegetables: It is better to include fresh fruits and vegetables which do not require peeling or cutting like oranges, grapes, and apples. A single serving will be a healthy portion for a person and provide all the necessary vitamins and fiber.
- Dark Chocolates: These rich in antioxidants chocolates help you stay fresh and active. But what must be considered before buying any of the dark chocolates is its milk and sugar content should be least. Also, it is necessary to control the portions for the same.
Also, it is not only necessary to avoid junk but also stay conscious about your caffeine intake. It is better to avoid any aerated drinks, packed juices, and lattes which are high in sugar content and instead opt for black coffee or green tea. They will not only help you cut down your calories but also boost your metabolism.